Wednesday, August 09, 2006

if a picture is worth a thousand words....here's 11,300+ words


it's somewhat hard to see, but he has crimp in there. Actual, honest to goodness, crimp.

(I've tried for four years to get a picture of a cat with his tounge out, or in mid-yawn. A week with him and I had a yawn and several tounge-out shots. Who knew?) I think I looked forward to his daily brushings as much as he did. (fiber is fiber....)

ah ha! I do have a micro setting on my camera!

(why did that take four years to figure out?)

before.....(damp from the night before's shower)

and after - 10 1/2 - 11 inches gone! (the hair was donated to locks of love)

before.....

and after. My car will be lived out of over the next several months, and so I made an attempt to keep relevant things together and important things easy to find and reach. (notice that bin of sock yarn and it's position....)

four infant/kid quilts to donate to Project Linus. My mom worked on them and I did some of the basic piecing. (I can't take credit for the blue/yellow log cabin) My mom also whipped up another four fleece blankets (bigger in size) to send to Camp Sunshine. My fabric stash has been sorted and several of my larger pieces of fabric were used in the cause - a good thing. (less to pack, less to carry around and store!)

and last but not least - decontamination. "Decon" isn't anything I hope to have to do in the future,

but at least now I can say I've done it. (pictures of knitting were accidentally erased and I didn't get additional shots tonight. Tomorrow I hit the road to visit a friend in Rhode Island before heading on to York for three weeks. I have Aug, Sept, Oct and Dec set up with where I'm going to be when, but November isn't finalized yet. I've spent the last few nights thinking about where I want to be...Rhode Island? Long Island? Ohio? California? Vermont? I settled on applying to a program in Memphis and with any luck that'll work out. (Jan-May is in the air though, and the list of potential places spans the whole country....))

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new haircut looks great! And what a great way to recycle the cut hair. My son had his hair cut some time ago and donated it to locks of love. It warms my heart to see people helping others. Good luck on deciding where to go next.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Boy, I won't even recognize you the next time I see you! York where? (I grew up in York PA, that's why I ask)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

How about coming to Kalamazoo, Michigan? It's a great place, and the med students learn a lot here. There are no fellows, so the residents have to do more, as do the attendings.

Don't you have to do a month in clinical practice? Maybe you could shadow my hubby for a month here in Battle Creek? He could use a med student, and he loves to teach. :)

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waterbottle Sweatshirt!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

You're leaving already?! Where has the summer gone?

Well, a grilled cheese will be here with your name on it when you come back. :)

3:04 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.....

The hair looks great, & the donation aspect is way cool. I'm looking forward to hearing about all of your adventures this year!

And oh--I never did choose buttons for the Sunrise Circle Jacket. Summer hit, and I shoved it in a drawer. ;) I imagine I'll pull it out soon & figure something out...and I think I'll have to shorten the sleeves a bit. Sigh.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

California! California! California!

3:20 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

Good Luck! Great haircut a new look and a new move! Good Luck with the next chapter of your life!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Great haircut! I donated to Lock of Love a couple of years ago.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you haven't spent time in California, then I'd highly recommend Northern California for you. It's an incredible part of the country, if I do say so myself. ;)

And your hair looks terrific. I think it's terrific that you've donated your cut locks to Locks of Love.

xo

9:17 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Love the new haircut! And what's wrong with Massachusetts, eh?

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home