Tuesday, June 06, 2006

ta-da!


look what was waiting for me when I got home today...

a neatly packed box....

...soon turned into "what a lot of pieces that all need to be put together in an organized fashion."

two of the pieces needed gluing together; they were set up in a wood vice by my dad, and rescued by me after the prescribed 20 minutes. (the best part of running down to the basement to free this piece was returning to the upstairs to find my dad putting together bobbins...and then being so intrigued that he helped me put the rest of it together. (I was grateful; give my current (tired) state, I'm fairly certain I'd have given up and put it all back in the box for the night.))

a horrible no'natural'light picture of my new love. Still nameless (though Lyle is in the running...). I tredled and then found myself saying "now what?!?" I'm headed to bed for the night and will tackle that question tomorrow....

16 Comments:

Blogger Jocele said...

YAY!! Congrats on the new wheel. And I really like the name Lyle. It gets my vote.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! Have fun with the wheel!

4:13 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

lyle! lyle! lyle! lyle! lyle! lyle!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

HOORAY! Lyle's quite the handsome guy.

See you Saturday. :)

6:17 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Congratulations! May you and Lyle have a long and happy life together.

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect timing for Lyle to arrive. You can practice a bit before the frolic this weekend!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Lyle really is the right name. It's not cheesy at all. It's an homage, one that the homagee would appreciate, I'm sure.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Congratulations. I'm sure you and Lyle will be quite happy together for many years to come!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lyle is a great name. Looking forward to see what the two of you get up to.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lyle! Lyle! Lyle!

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lyle sounds perfect. You will make perfect wheel song together. After you negotiate the terms of surrender.....

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love lyle.

For some reason your blog hasn't been letting me comment lately, but if this one goes through, thanks for coming. And for being a part of it. And for falling into the wool abyss. We're glad to have you down here. ;)

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! Yea! Yea! Have fun with it/him!

10:03 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I have to add my vote for Lyle. It's such a great name it makes me want to get a wheel (no, no - I don't need more hobbies!)

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That there is a Fine Looking Lyle. There was Glueing involved!!! I am happy for both of you [and your father had a project to help you with].

I will keep you posted of Henniker Fiber Days,

Doug

7:15 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you spin.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home