Sunday, July 02, 2006

My Amazing Lace Poem

(I have been working on the Lorna's Laces pie wedge shawl; pictures to follow once my camera and computer decide to start speaking again...)


while others are done with their lace
we seem to be avoiding the race
I've got excuses upthe'wazoo
but with rotations and papers due,
we just can't keep up with the pace.

It all started with you in a hank
as yarn that didn't break the bank*
no matter what you say
I couldn't knit with you that way
now you're a ball that led me to drank.
(*thanks ebay...)

a pattern was the next hurdle to jump
I'm a beginner hoping to tri-umph
the label said "free"
and then said "easy!"
it had me before I was stumped.

finding time is always an issue
and you're not as portable as my tissues
there are always patients to see
and places to be
I didn't know how much I'd miss you.

the summer wedding that was my deadline,
when I'd see friends I hadn't seen in some time,
was a beautiful event
without you present
but that means I could drink the red wine.

I can't make finishing promises to keep
and honestly if it's between you and sleep
I'll take the nap
otherwise I'll screw up your [stitch] wraps,
but will say lace has been a fun knitting leap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

That red wine sounds like adequate compensation for not being able to wear it - hope the wedding was fun!

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I love the red wine comment!

(Hey, at least you've got *something* knit!!)

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home