Wednesday, May 18, 2005

in lieu of a boring "I'm still knitting stripes" post, I bring you pics from a walk in the park....(the best study break I can come up with!)


The duck house is back! It showed up sometime in the last 48 hours.....

almost full bloom

in a sea of yellow tulips,

there was one that had a wisp of red! (..."we're painting the roses red, we're painting the roses red..." ran through my head a few times)

in another part of the park the red tulips were standing tall,

complete with one that was half yellow and half red; it was striking.

my favorite bed of all: the pinks and yellows and peaches and not quite open purple flowers were beautiful. What you can't "see" is that they all moved together like a school of fish when the wind blew, and the smell was sweet but not overpowering.

and around the corner pale pink flowers were getting ready to burst open! I am going to miss not living near the park next year.... Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lured me out of hiding. Those are beautiful. The deer got mine this year. Amputated just before bloom. I'm happy to share yours!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home