Tuesday, May 30, 2006

can't we just be friends?

to my dear bosworth drop spindle.....

I've been a faithful wannabe spindler with you this past year but I think it's time for me to start seeing other spindles. It's time for me to drop the "wannabe" part of that title, and given our past performance together I'm not sure I can count on you to help me out. You look so lonely when you're fiberless, which has been often.


I think it's best for the both of us, and would like to formally introduce you to the new spindle. It's a bit lighter then you are, but makes up for it in length. Variety is the spice of life and this spindle saw me from across the way - who am I to refuse the call of warm wood? Once I picked it up, I could not put it down...it was a sure sign that we were meant to be together. (I want to say that it picked me, but that would just be crazy-talk....or would it?)


(The Atlas of Human Anatomy is feeling a bit out of place there in the corner...)

The lessons from the kind, experienced spinners were great, and I'm sure what I learned using the new spindle will apply to you as well. I get it now - really, really get it, but it's important to note that even though I get it, I can't *do* it all yet. My fingers are still new at knowing how to anticipate what the fiber will do and I expect to have lots of thick and thin "yarn" (I use the term loosely).

Owning multiple spindles is all the rage now, and from what I can gather it's a socially acceptable arrangement. I think we can make this work, so let's give it a try?

(and by the time we've figured this situation out it'll be time to introduce you to the, er, other thing that was purchased this weekend.....)

yours in spindling love,
(and more about this past weekend will follow....),
Kristen

7 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

So, what's this I hear? You've ordered a wheel? Details, please! I demand details!

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the one you're with, m'dear, it's all good.

That looks like some mighty fine yarn to me...

8:15 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

I think spindle polygamy is the norm.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Lovely new spindle.
But...I want more info on the wheel! Woo and also hoo!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

The new spindle is very nice. The spinning police are dead and buried, so they won't come get you if you get *more* spindles. :)

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wheel? Really? At last? YES.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wheel?!? We need details . . . :-)

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home