Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I'm off to see....the wizards?

thanks to a well-timed appointment and an understanding scheduler, I'm off the rest of the afternoon and able to make it down to Willows for the "KnitLit, The Third" party. I'd had reservations about going (there are a few things going on here, it's not a quick drive, I have to be properly dressed and ready to see patients at 8am tomorrow so I'll to leave earrrrrrly) but now I'm ready and excited to hit the road. The last time I was at Willows I knew no one, and was meeting up with Laurie The Etherknitter and Mia Another Knitting MedStudent for the first time; now I'm looking forward to seeing folks I've met before, as well as meeting other knitters for the first time!

My sock knitting is packed and the wonky striped sweater and my spindle are along for the ride in the hope that someone will know how to help me with them. I'm packing my camera but make no promises that I'll actually take pictures. (I might be too busy eatting cake; there's going to be cake!)

The plan is to wear Haiku and knit my blueberry mash sock. If you see me, please say hi! I promise to do my best to be socially "ept" and will warn you if I'm so totally overwelmed with people and yarn and fiber (oh my!). I'm going to pick up a cup of coffee for the road and hopefully it'll have kicked in by the time the Harlot arrives....

8 Comments:

Blogger CrazyFiberLady said...

Have a great time and a safe trip!

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So great to meet you tonight :)! Have a safe drive home in the morning.

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun!

3:05 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

How was the trip? I'm so bummed that I couldn't make this one (I was coaching last night, and it was our first parent meeting of the year so I couldn't skip it...) I hope you give us an update!!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Clara said...

That sounds like so much fun!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you the one knitting the purplish-blue sock, sitting right next to me? (I was wearing a light green shirt, knitting a blue and grey sock.)
If so, I was definitely sneaking peeks at your sweater. If not, well, I was sneaking peeks at the sweater of the woman next to me.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you last night! The bonus was going to talk to you and Linda Roghaar about Maine!

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I somehow (behind in the blogreading) totally missed the fact that you were going to Willow books for the event.

I hope Laurie did her duty and helped you out with the spindling thing. Otherwise she's going to hear it from me.

Hope the visit was fun!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home