Wednesday, September 21, 2005

here you go Sandy....


yesterday it was overcast...

today it was sunny.....

tonight it was beautiful.



My schedule is different this week and instead of being on call on Wednesday, I'm on call tomorrow, Thursday night. It means that my week (and rotation!) is over Friday at noon, and I'll start my weekend with an afternoon nap. Now I'm busy finishing up some of the paperwork I have to hand in and then it's off to bed for one last good night's sleep. I'm working on the second sock (of 4) and am fairly certain I won't get both sets done till next week. (that'll give me plenty of time to write a sappy poem comparing marriage of two people to a pair of socks....)

I'm on deck to dogsit this weekend, and have a standing order for taking care of another families cats. The ones I've been staying with this week are wonderful, gentle animals, and the house on the lake (as seen in the above pictures) has been a great place to reground myself. Even though I love what I'm doing, I have felt as though I'm coming unglued this past week - the combination of long days with little sleep and having to constantly be on my toes with a little pms thrown in is leaving me feeling worn out. I'm not as emotionally experienced as some of the docs I'm working with and it has been hard to "leave" the patients at the hospital. The time with cats and dogs is a nice distraction and keeps things in perspective.



these cats know me well and know when to give me "the ear."


the blob in the top left hand corner? that's my striped cardigan sweater. The tangle in the middle? that's a project for this weekend. The small, darkish green ball of yarn in the middle-ish? that's the elusive "Rue" color. (I've acquired another skein of each of the other colors and will start on the sleeves as soon as the tangle is resolved.) M, the white cat, is this houses quality control.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'The ear' - yup, there comes a point when cats know you well enough and you get it.

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray for stripey cardigan's reappearance! Boo for tangles.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Ugh! Good luck with those tangles. I do like finishing a good untangle though -- it makes me feel so accomplished! I think untangling is harder than knitting.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got you hands full with that pile of knitting and a cat to boot;-)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Those tangles are very frightening. Ugh.

Love your sky...seems like a great place for "regrounding" oneself.

Hopefully we'll see you on Sat. Are you up for the (organic) blooming onion? We need someone (or more) to share it with. ;)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Enjoy your weekend. I am on call Saturday. Wish I was as lucky as you to have it off.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home