Saturday, September 10, 2005


Dog and cat-sitting has its benefits; behold the beauty that is their CSA (community sponsored agriculture) pick-up. Colored carrots, colored beets, rattlesnake beans, tomatoes and fresh picked basil...I didn't eat it all but I did enjoy bits here and there!

J, the older dog. He'd really like me to open that container and give him another piece of chicken.

K, the younger (and more difficult to photograph) dog. He seemed pretty happy with his piece of rawhide and overall was a little bit easier to please.

The turkeys I was/am afraid of. They look small in this picture but they're actually two feet tall. They're also always very hungry, and not afraid to march right up to me and peck. I worried about what might happen if one of them got out of the pen but was able to kick them back in so I didn't have to worry about it.

the egg laying hens. They were much mellower then the turkeys.

the eggs of the day.

the cat that I was warned "doesn't like people."

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Those are my favorite chickens...Barred Rocks. This looks like an awesome dog/cat sitting gig.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home