Saturday, September 10, 2005


I know you've seen it before, but here's another shot of the wonderful "Dye Day" at Julia (Moth Heaven)'s. My yarn is third from the right and the roving is either first on the left or somewhere in the middle (I can't tell...)

the second sock enjoys being out in the world with other knitters and spinners.

the woodchuck on a mission. S/he ran across my parent's backyard with mouthfuls of leaves all morning. It was amusing and difficult to get a good picture of.

my dye day yarn and roving; I used the colors that were "leftover" and had a lot of fun combining and swirling and dumping. The roving has spots that look almost black and the red is a color I hope I can recreate someday. The yarn has shades of purples and deep reds with an occasional splash of acid green. I'm not sure what it'll be but I want to start knitting with it just to see how it knits up. The wooden needles were an attempt at a "do it yourself" project. It was 10x cheaper to make the US10.5 needles then it was to buy them!

a grasshopper that hung out with me while I took pictures of the yarn and roving. Seemed only fair to get a picture of him as well.

everyone else puts roving in the flowers...so why can't I? I have no idea what sort of flowery bush this is, but it's doing very well behind the student house.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great colors.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent pictorial tour of the MedStudentWhoKnits' life. It looks like a hydrangea to me.

It'll be fun when we all start knitting up our colors to see what they become.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home