Thursday, September 15, 2005


I suppose I have a harder time finishing things then I intially thought. The pink/purple socks were "done" in early August, the blue/purple socks were "finished" the day after I posted the "neverending" sock pictures and now I'm 3/4 of the way done with the first Trekking XXL sock. (The Trekking sock is 1 of 4; at some point I'll explain why.) Maybe later tonight I'll feel inspired and kitchner my heart out.

Right now I'm "post-call" which means I got three hours of sleep last night (it was more like a mid-early-morning nap) and I'm off to try and sleep for another few hours. I have to run to the yarn store and see if the other yarn I'm waiting for has arrived and then it's off to the bank (during business hours - imagine!) to take care of a few things. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday.

(I have a post on medical terms and how different it is to be on "this" side of the patient file forming in my head. Maria left an intersting comment about my word choice in the last post and I'm going to try and expound on it and hopefully clear up (or cause?) some confusion. Words and what they mean are important to me - they always have been - but now my understanding of what phrases mean is being challenged, and it's an interesting process for me to try and be objective about.) (another post on why I used precious minutes in the call room to check in on knitting blogs instead of sleeping last night may also show up. It's hard for me to fathom how much I miss reading about what is going on in the virtual world of knitters...)

4 Comments:

Blogger Micky said...

Once upon a time I was going to dab into the medical transcription field. I got through all the defintion stage and all, but sometimes things just don't go like you plan them to. Like having another child and then realizing you can't do that year of "work-study". Oh well. The point is, I know some of the wierd ways all those medical terms tend to run around acting like they are one thing, when in fact they are something totally different.
Hope everything stays good for you.
:)

2:33 PM  
Blogger bethanie said...

I'm sorry you aren't getting to sleep all the time - at least you don't sound cranky or anything. I always get crabby without sleep.

9:53 AM  
Blogger J. said...

sleep frist then knit, trust me it works better that way. If you can come to Rhineback it ould be amzing, I am going and so is Cate. Hang in there and when you get a chance treat yourself to something amazing for all your hard work.

7:01 AM  
Blogger J. said...

sleep frist then knit, trust me it works better that way. If you can come to Rhineback it ould be amzing, I am going and so is Cate. Hang in there and when you get a chance treat yourself to something amazing for all your hard work.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home