Sunday, May 07, 2006

and.....they're...off!!! (as in, the socks have left the building)

dear sockpal,


these are on the way to you - a few days late, but that wasn't because the socks weren't done. (they were done a week ago so I could get them out to you in time!) Nope, instead I had a heckva time trying to postcards. Postcards? yes, postcards. Now that I've found a few I'm seeing them everywhere - and all of the people that I asked to keep an eye out for some have reported back to me that they, too, are finding them all over the place. The socks are on their way! (and should be on your doorstep early this week...)

My peds rotation ended on Friday - the last week was fairly mundane compared to the other weeks I spent in the hospital and office, and it was a nice change of pace. The themes of strep throats, flus, gastro bugs, ortho and kidney problems were just some of the things I saw over and over again. I quickly learned that the answer to the ever-popular question of "is _____ going around?" is always yes. (No, antibiotics won't always help.)

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I start my surgery rotation. I am not excited about it as I do not have any interest in being a surgeon. I figure that if I can make it through the first week standing up, then the other five weeks will be much easier.....

10 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Remember - ask them questions before they can ask you questions. And this, too, shall pass.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I had a hard time with the postcards too. I ended up making my own, hope that's not cheating. ;)

Good luck on your surgery rotation!

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Theresa said. Just remember that showing up and showing interest is all you need to do, if you don't intend to go into it. (That, alas, means working hard, and in surgery, alas again, it means working long hours.) And then its DONE. It was not my favorite rotation. I briefly considered orthopedic surgery. Briefly.

The socks are beautiful! But I'm a sucker for colorways such as that.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Pretty, pretty socks! Your sock pal will love them, I'm sure.

Good luck with the next rotation ... I'm sure you'll make it through in fine style.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Beautiful socks! Good luck with the new rotation. I hope you enjoy it more than you anticipate.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great socks. Hope you get through the next rotation fine!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks, your pal is lucky!

So, I expect your posts to read like a Gray's Anatomy script from here on in. :)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Those socks are stunning! I want a pair. So many socks to make, so little time...

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And...your socks will be winging their way to you...tomorrow. Sorry to be so late getting them off to you. I had similar issues with postcards and also just finished and blocked the socks themselves yesterday. Today home sick. In tomorrow's mail for sure, if I have to crawl all the way to the Post Office.

Your sockpal

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sock Pal,

I was so excited to find you package when I got home from work today. After ripping open the package, I immediately put my new socks on.

I LOVE them! The yarn is beautiful (you got the green and purple I love plus blue which makes them go with everthing) and the lace pattern is really nice. Beautiful job.

And thanks for the extra goodies too. Sock garden daffodil--pretty. Lobster lollipop--yum.

Hope you are surviving your surgery rotation.

Patrice (blogless)

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home