Sunday, November 20, 2005

happiness is....


-a cat, in my (scrub clad) lap, inspecting my (for charity) knit cap.


it met her approval - she settled in for a nap. (I was spread out on a futon, and with her on my lap I put everything I thought I'd need for the next 30-45 minutes right next to me so as not to interupt her sleep...) I spent the night with the three of them before returning back to student housing.

-setting up a "tuck in call" with a Sheep for Thursday night (I've never done this before, we don't have that particular store in this area and no, I don't plan on shopping the next day; I just couldn't pass up a sheep putting me to sleep...)
- knowing that there is a scheduled c-section tomorrow, so at least one new babe will enter the world
- strong, hot tea with lemon and a smidge of honey
- finally remembering to take my vitamins
- dogsitting for a few days/nights later this week

I'm tired. OB has an interesting schedule and though I don't mind the late nights, the early mornings are killing me. I'm not a morning person - even with copious amounts of coffee and tea I am just not happy (or awake) until 9am. The 6:30am rounds are wearing me out....

I've been doing a lot of charity knitting with the hope that when I'm done I'll have turned 12 balls of (bargin, traded or leftover) yarn into warm, thick hats for kids and adults. It's mindless, instantly gratifiying and for a good cause. I'll return to things that require thinking (sock heels, sweater planning, mitten figuring) when I feel like I can think about something non-medical. I hear it'll be soon - I do have Thursday off.....

(What you've said about white coats is interesting and all of the "views" I was hoping to see represented are there. I'm going to wait until I feel more "on my game" to write about it. Right now I'm up waaaay past my scheduled 11pm bedtime, and 5:45am is going to come tooo soon...)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend of mine just finished his surgery rotation, of which one segment (I think it was ped surgery) had 5:30 rounds, which meant pre-rounding at 4:30. It's mind-boggling. I'm happy if I get to lab at 9:30... I'm glad you're enjoying it once you're there, though. I'd imagine that would help a lot.

9:04 AM  
Blogger CrazyFiberLady said...

That really is far too early. I've been on the other side of it. Whilst I lay in bed in the perinatal unit, my OB would come and wake me up every morning at 7:15. Nice of her! Guess she was getting me ready for the invasion of the demanding small people.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always reminded how we live in a bizarre world unimagined by most, intolerable to even consider by many, yet it is our daily routine. No one has ever understood my ridiculously early bedtime. Except for my patients the next day.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cat! I'm glad she approved of all your hard work. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kestrel

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh to be a morning person.......I am definitely not one of them!

What a beautiful cat!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Hoping you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home