Sunday, July 17, 2005

happiness is...

- wireless internet in hotel rooms
- a sunburn (not only was I outside all day, but it was warm enough to have on short sleeves!)
- walking around in a city with people of all shapes and sizes and ages wearing everything imaginable so that I finally feel less conscious walking around in a tank top
- seeing finished Dale of Norway sweaters in stores (on sale, but 30% off of a $350 sweater isn't within my budget right now, however I think making one is in my future)
- taking the "sock" to the Quebec Parlimanet building (pictures to come; I can't get them to this computer yet)
- a phenominal Cirque du Soleil performance (seated second row from the stage with performers flying above us)
- that the most expensive meal we've eatten this whole weekend is food from a few grocery stores eatten back in our room. (I love to explore the local grocery stores wherever I am.)
The $2 coin still throws me for a loop, I love that the "cross the street" light walker guy looks happy and think I need to remember how much fun a trip to this area is. Thus far, no trips to a yarn store; with any luck I'll be able to find one tomorrow before we head south again. If not, I'll make up for it in the future, and call it my "Quebec yarn." :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm - I love Cirque. I skate to Cirque in fact, and won't be giving up this current program/music for some time...

sounds like a great time!
sara glbt-knit.com/sars
saraterry@gmail.com

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! Congratulations on braving a tank top, and sitting in the second row at Cirque! Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Micky said...

I am sure you can sniff out a yarn shop. You know they are there just waiting to be found.
:)

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home