Tuesday, June 28, 2005

pictures from my weekend.....

I'm back in my own neck of the woods now and am trying to catch up with everything! These offer a quick review of my weekend; I'm playing around with how to upload pictures, and this post and the one below it are attempts to figure out which works better.

It was great to meet up with Liz; she is as wonderful in person as she is on her blog. In the span of a few hours I got a chance to meet her family of animals and see her house (it's amazing!!!) and we chatted without any real moments of silence. Her spinning is beautiful, and I'm proud that I was able to resist using her wheel. I think I'm going to stick with my spindle for awhile longer.....



my duck



Liz's Ducks

they quack, they waddle - they were wonderful!!!!

Liz with the pure white duck - the duck was very good natured about being picked up so I could see her up close and personal!



just a quick picture to remind you all that colon cancer is a cancer that can be prevented if colon polyps are found and removed. Vegetables and fiber are good for everyone, but great for people who want to remain healthy!



a light that Liz and I found in a trendy store. Why? really, why?




A tangilble reminder of what to hold onto; Some of the lunimaries at the track were arranged, while most were spread around the perimeter (they were personalized by people on teams).

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your little duck!!

Um, are those people dressed up as colon polyps? If so..I LOVE IT! If not, what are they?

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

right...he has a sign. I should have read it.

bad melanie

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice ducks! So how is your spinning coming along? I just bought one, and it is relaxing - but I am not quite clued up on preparing my fibres!

3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am your back-tacker - and will be sending you the notions holder (and contents) soon! Though it has to travel from a land far far away.

I'll let you know when it departs these shores.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Great pics of my duckies (and thanks for chopping off my head...it was too hot to be cute). And I still don't understand that scary baby lamp.

Someday I WILL get you to try my wheel. I will.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want you to know that the baby lamp is going to haunt my dreams for the rest of my life.

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, cute ducks. It sounds like it was a great holiday for you!

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you had a good weekend. enjoy your little break.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home