Monday, May 30, 2005

oh! you wanted to see what I bought?!


on the right is 6oz romney wool from Fantom Farm, the cascade 220 (there's more there then you can see) is from Webs, and on the left is a bag of "colorful bits of wool" also from Fantom Farms. My 1.46 oz Cocobolo spindle is in the middle!

Here it is posing with the coopworth wool I got from the Sheep Shed. I liked the merino/tencel, but didn't think it was a beginner's fiber. I'm headed north to my parents house now; they had lobster this weekend and made sure to make enough for a homemade stew. My whole family is in town, and I'm packing up my books and a limited ammount of fiber. (I can't leave my spindle here - are you kidding?) Posted by Hello

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds (and looks!) like you had a great time! I wish you luck on your spinning journey.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice choice on both the spindle and the fiber. You're right about the tencel: it's too slippery for a first yarn. You'll be ready for such things very very soon. Congrats and welcome to the club.
julia fc

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful. Enjoy your spinning!

4:34 PM  
Blogger J. said...

looks like you had a blast, have fun with your family.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I didn't see you carrying all that roving. And I thought I< was the clever one, stashing bags repeatedly in my car. I'm bringing my spindle to my PT appt tomorrow. And the sock is 6 rows from turning the heel.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home