Sunday, May 22, 2005

happiness is....

- making a mistake in my sweater and choosing to smile and leave it in rather then ripping back to fix it
- two back to back season finales that are leaving me on the edge of my seat
- having all five different colored highlighters in one place (they've been spread out all over my apartment and it took more then I'm willing to admit to find them all!)
- one of the best lecturers we've ever had giving three seperate reviews this week
- finally knowing what some of my extra sewing machine feet are for!

The weekend is almost over, and it looks like it's going to be a busy week. This is our last week with scheduled reviews and the end is near to my daily trips to campus. (it's 2-3 times a week in June) I am very much looking forward to my trip to Webs and Cummington this coming Fri/Sat and can't wait to get my hands on a drop spindle.

A classmate of mine was married a few weekends ago; she is near and dear to my heart, and kept the whole thing on the down low. I knew that she was planning a small family-centered ceremony, but wasn't sure when the exact date was; I had hoped to have time to make her a wedding shawl, but didn't get the news of the date until the day before it happened! I think it's time I ventured into lace knitting, and I'm hoping to find something that screams "make me into something The Harlot would knit up" for her. (it should actually scream something more like "make me into something The Harlot started doing lacework with" but I'll take what I can get!)

(I'm drawn to a Kiri, and am still captivated with Ann's cotton rendition (see April 2nd) and think that might be just what I'm looking for....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home