Thursday, April 07, 2005

a watched pot never boils and

a sweater sleeve constantly measured never grows?

I.....am.........almost..........done..........with the second sonnet sleeve. I keep looking at it thinking that it *must* be the required 18.5 inches long, but every time I measure it, it seems to be stuck at 15 inches. Why, oh why, are the last 3.5 inches taking.....so......long?

(I had hoped to have it done and seamed so I could post a picture tonight, but alas, it'll have to be tomorrow. We have another 8 hours of lecture (and an hour long optional lunch lecture that I'll probably attend, so it's really 9 possible hours) tomorrow, and I forsee a finished sleeve by the end of the day tomorrow!

(and, with any luck, I'll have made progress on my other project and possibly started a new one?)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I read it nearly everyday and you keep my laughing. When I am slogging through a project, I often think I wish I could knit as fast as you do!!

Can't wait to see the finished sonnet.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

you should check out my blog

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm another med student who knits, but I'm in Hamilton, ON, Canada. Saw your note on the Keyboard Biologist's blog today and thought I'd stop by to say "hi!" I don't have a knitting blog (yet), but I'm going to add you to my list of "blogs to visit when avoiding physiology" -- so you should see lots of me. :)

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home