Friday, April 01, 2005

April 1st

today is our lottery for next year (see below) and I'm keeping away from the anxiety of my classmates at school until I have to be there this evening (avoidance is a coping skill, I know, I know). I'm not worried about it, and think it'll all work out the way it needs to, but I'm not the norm. Med students are a bit obsessive, and like to plan. They want to know how it will work out before it actually works out, and based on what I saw last year (helping out with the lottery) that only leads to disappointments when what they planned for doesn't actually work out.

I am looking forward to the knitting I'll get done tonight during the lottery! The whole process is long, and can be drawn out (for a varitey of reasons) and I think I'll finally be able to finish the second sonnet sleeve. If I'm not able to finish it I know what I'll be working on this weekend; I am so sick of knitting it, but can't wait till it's finished! Now that it's warming up (suddenly the snow is gone and it's above freezing every day - either Spring snuck in or I was too busy with classes to see winter off!) the need to finish my heavy wool projects is great. I will still knit with wool, but I am ready to move onto a new project!

(note: we don't have to the do the lottery for our 4th year as we set it up ourselves. I'm hoping to play connect the dots across the country and have a few ideas about where I'd like to do some rotations. If there is a teaching hospital near you and you have a great yarn store let me know! :^)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I live next door to the U of Michigan Medical Center. However, Lansing Michigan (home of Michigan State University) has the best yarn store in the state: Threadbear. Good luck in the lottery!

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it works out the way you want. I suppose Toronto Western Hospital would be out of the question to hope for?


stephanie
(Yarn harlot)

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home