Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happiness is....

- finding all of my yarn and getting it together in one place
- a new medical drama that I will be able to watch (instead of having to study!) tonight
- clean sheets (that aren’t knit OR flannel!) on my bed
- a beautiful spring day like today!

I took it upon myself to hunt down (perhaps subconsciously I missed not having an egg hunt?) all of my yarn; I found it in places I knew about as well as in places I hadn’t remembered hiding it! My “stash” is somewhat organized, and I think it’s safe to say I don’t need to buy any more yarn. At all. I have more yarn then I remembered, and it’s all the more reason for me to stay away from yarn stores (my credit card will thank me!). I'm going to try and get a good picture of it this week so I can flash my stash on Friday.

Growing up I had one of the best Easter Bunny’s in the world; our egg hunt was legendary among my friends, and many years it was June/July before we finally uncovered the ever elusive “dollar” eggs. The three kids had color coded plastic eggs (I was pink and purple, one of my brothers was green/blue, and the other was yellow/orange) filled with a quarter, a few nickels or dimes or (the easy ones) were filled with chocolate. Each of us had one “dollar” egg, and finding it was like finding gold. One year the Easter Bunny used masking tape and it wasn’t until the curtains came down for spring cleaning that my egg was found taped to the inside of the upper sill. One pink egg remained hidden for years before I found it hidden in an overhead, rarely used light fixture. It has always been one of my favorite holidays. (my love of rabbits notwithstanding!)

I have high hopes for “Grey’s Anatomy” tonight and hope it’s worth staying up for. Shows like ER, Scrubs and Medical Investigation, though good, aren’t worth me trying to set my schedule around anymore. I still try and find Scrubs on Tuesday nights, but even that sometimes leaves me wanting more show and less commercials. I think medical students are a hard crowd to please; I know that I want a mix of facts and humor that is also somewhat “real” and doesn’t get too dramatic or overdone. My parents enjoy watching “House” but I can’t seem to get that channel with my rigged up antenna, so I’ll have to catch it in re-runs at some point. I used to read every type of “medical” book or book on being a doctor or the journey of medical school/residency I could find and think I’d still enjoy them if I had the time; tv shows are doing their best to fill my literature void.

I finally got around to making the chicken soup I’ve been craving this week, and it tasted as good as I hoped it would. I added the noodles too soon, and they were a bit too mushy, but other then that I was pleased with my crock-pot cooking. I whipped up the scones because they sounded good, but also put a quiche and some ground beef in to cook. (If I’m going to have the oven on I might as well fill it with things!) I normally have lots of things to throw into a quiche, but this week all I could find was frozen pesto and a green pepper that had seen better days. It cooked up okay, and I’ll eat it, but I think I need to get to the grocery store sometime this week...

My sonnet sleeve is moving along and I hope to have it finished and the other one started tonight. If it doesn’t happen tonight, I’ll get to it sometime tomorrow during our 8 hours of lecture…..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so busy writing a paper... that I forgot to say Happy Easter! Sounds like you had a tasty meal and got to play with yarn too. Look forward to the stash-flash!

SP

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so busy writing a paper... that I forgot to say Happy Easter! Sounds like you had a tasty meal and got to play with yarn too. Look forward to the stash-flash!

SP

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so busy writing a paper... that I forgot to say Happy Easter! Sounds like you had a tasty meal and got to play with yarn too. Look forward to the stash-flash!

SP

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so busy writing a paper... that I forgot to say Happy Easter! Sounds like you had a tasty meal and got to play with yarn too. Look forward to the stash-flash!

SP

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home