Sunday, April 10, 2005

happiness is....

- moving my table workspace back into the "spring/summer" spot near the windows (as opposed to the middle of the room away from the drafty breeze)
- a midafternoon nap
- finding several loads of laundry worth of quarters I'd "hidden" today
- no exams this week, and two "easy" days this week so I can dive into board studying
- knowing I'm not the only one who knit up Sonnet only to find out it isn't flattering at all

I put Sonnet aside and will think about what to do with it later this week; I think I'm going to take my noro sweater out and aim for a Karalund like pattern with the yarn, but that might change too. I have a few small things that I'm working on now, but I'd really like to be able to make a sweater for myself.

Tomorrow we're doing an obstetrics skills lab with a model of a baby's head and a woman's pelvis so we can learn the presentations (both normal and abnormal) that are possible. It's been fun to watch the faces of the guys in our class as we have learned about the process of birth; I can't wait to deliver babies, but that isn't everyone's opinion! (according to my third year schedule I'll be on the OB service in November-December of this year, after the 12 weeks of internal medicine I have from August-November.)

oh! I almost forgot! Mia, another second year, northeast knitting med student, has a new blog!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Wish I could be there to help with your hands on experience. I never did that til my third year. Have fun. Maybe we'll make you an obstetrician. I'll keep working on it.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Charisse said...

Hi , I know about the not buying any more yarn , But I bought this before I secided not to buy any more yarn. I love your blog.
check in to mine some times

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home