Sunday, March 19, 2006

a virtual parade of some finished things....


one completed scarf , a belated gift to my brother, who was still able to use it this ski season....

two completed koigu socks for my mom (happy belated birthday mom!); they were my first pair with koigu (and won't be my last) and first pair with a picot edge (ditto!). I am still not sure why the leftovers are different sizes - is there a variance in koigu skeins?

my sockapaloooza sock....

......is waiting for a trip to the frog pond. (there's a hole that doesn't belong at the join of the needles...) As much as I like this pattern, I'm not sure I like it with this yarn. Another attempt is in the works.

this is a picture that I took on New Year's Eve, when I dyed.....

this attempt at self strip'ing yarn.

Last month a different cat (and dog, from a different house-sitting adventure) helped me finish the first sock,

so it seems only fitting that tonight, when I finished the second sock, I was in (another) different house, with a (yet another) different cat.

knitting socks is tiring. (there are numerous other socks on the needles, and additional pictures will be taken (attempted) with the cats I'm caring for this week. Between the three houses I'm checking in on, there are six cats to knit with. (Everything else is still falling into place (or not) and life is still crazy. This is my last week of psych - next week starts my pediatric rotation.)

11 Comments:

Blogger J. said...

wow, you've been busy. Good luck with the end of Psych and in case I don't make it back before then, starting the peds rotation as well.
pat those kitties for me.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on being almost done with psych. Enough to drive you crazy, eh? What don't you like about the Lorna's Laces?

There was something else I was going to mention, but it escapes my flea-length memory for now.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed by your dye job. And yay for guest kitty bloggers!

9:08 AM  
Blogger bethanie said...

Those kitties couldn't possibly be any cuter!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! You have been knitting some great-looking stuff. Sometimes when I keep long hours at the hospital, I miss my knitting at home.
My psych rotations were almost 3 years ago now, but I will never forget some of the patients!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Those Koigu socks look delicious! I love Koigu...my LYS stocks pretty much every colour under the sun, and I can happily stand in front of the wall o' Koigu there and drool for hours. :o)

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those self striping socks are lovely! And I love it that in your life there is such an abundance of cats! That last shot of a happy cat with your socks is a delight... they must love you!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Wow, Kristen... momsocks and brotherscarf are finally finished! What a relief, eh?

You must be doing peds already... are you totally in your element or what?

4:28 PM  
Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

Your sock yarn looks great! I love those colors.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Beautiful projects! I finally finished my Koigu socks too, but sadly I finished them while I was out of town and gave them away before I took any photos of them. They came out nicely though.

As a relatively new mother, I can't wait to hear about your peds rotation and what goes on on the other end of the pediatric stethoscope!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the end of the psych rotation.

Everything in this post looks so pretty. I love your personally dyed socks. Way to go.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home