Tuesday, March 07, 2006

another form of inventory....


first up, I think I've finally found a yarn worthy of being my SockapalOOOza Pal's sock yarn. I have been looking for just the right yarn, and though this isn't *exactly* what I've had it mind, I think it'll work. I'm keeping my eyes out for yarn that could be more perfect and will either make another pair or send along the yarn. The pattern will be something with lace - I have a few contenders and will decide for sure when I cast on for them tomorrow.


I was hoping to show you a picture of a pair of finished koigu socks for my mom and a completed scarf for my brother. They are still on their respective needles, much to my dismay. Both are almost done and just need a few more rows to be complete - then I'll weave in the ends and pass them along.

The striped sweater?

it's in a pile, waiting it's turn.

I am somewhat afraid of it. Soon, I will get over this. Soon.

Til then, enjoy some pictures of what hides in my pantry. After yarn was declared "not fit for household decoration" by the crazy housekeeper I hid it all away, in various places. SockapalOOOza yarn searching led me to dig all of it up, and before I knew it the place of choice for putting it was in amoungst the boxes of my food in the cabinet.

I wish I was kidding.

what I look at when I get hungry (ie, my pantry space). Is a sock yarn diet going to help me loose weight?

the bottom shelf - most of it hides in a box. It hides because rediscovering it is a simple joy.


yarn hanging out on the other side of the counter - this is the current yarn in view. It rotates. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a dork. Try me. (I'm a dork.)


the thing is, these (for example)?
they're one skein wonders that lept out of a bargin bin at a yarn store or ebay lot or were added to an online order because I wanted free shipping. They'll each make a pair of socks. (proven last year)

Most of what is hiding is a formerly homeless single skeins of sock yarn. I'm resisiting the urge to open up my home to wandering balls of yarn that are looking for a warm pantry to hang out in. It might make the other 50+ pairs of potential socks jealous.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

(life behind the scenes and my rotations are Overwelming right now; I'm going to dig into knitting and stick it out - see you on the other side.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your pantry. Yarn and snacks, it's perfect.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Isn't that Lorna's? I always need 2 skeins for a pair of socks if it's Lorna's.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you keep the pantry very dark and cool, the sock yarn will breed - a little known fact - then you will have plenty. thanks for sharing.
Kim
www.knitterama.com

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice stash, even if the hidey hole is a little unorthodox.

7:01 AM  
Blogger soapy said...

I'm in HEAVEN!! First LOVE those colors then all those sock yarns, you can NEVER have enough, you'll always need socks right!? If you ever want to go on that diet, I'm here.....;o))))) I'll gladly take them off your shelves anytime....lol

8:45 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

Hang in there. If all else fails, hide in the pantry.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home