Thursday, December 01, 2005

note to self:

apparently "shouting" the phrase "It sure is QUIET (QUIET QUIET)" to the internet works better then silently chanting it at a nurses station.

Last week? nothing, nada, I didn't get any calls for deliveries.
this week.......
Tuesday: 2 new babies
Wednesday: 3 new little ones
Today? 4 down, 2 are resting and will probably deliver in the next 12 hours.

There were random other deliveries (middle of the night deliveries, ones when I wasn't there because I was out in offices, c-sections) that I haven't been a part of, but overall I am very excited at this turn of events.

I've been working on my trekking sock and though I like the fabric that size US1's are producing, I must say that I miss the speed and "fastness" of the 2's. It's been slow going because I've been busy! (that's not a complaint, simply an excuse for why I haven't been knitting....I miss it, but know I'll have time to pick up the needles again soon.)

I've seen a lot, done a lot, learned a lot and must say that seeing a baby enter the world is nothing short of spectacular. The whole event leads me to be incredibly giddy and I've been known to jump and hop down the hallway. I need to learn to contain myself because the nurses are starting to make fun of me......

7 Comments:

Blogger Stitchingmum said...

I loved reading your description of how you feel!! I've just completed my first year of my Bachelor of Registered Nursing degree, when that's complete I'll undertake the post-grad midwifery degree. I've got 3 kidlets myself, and ahve been fortunate enough to be at 3 other births as well - it was like it was my calling, and if I can half as wonderful as the midwives I've met over time, I'll love my job. And yeah, I know full well it's not all sweetness and light and fresh new baby smells.......
So glad to see how much you're enjoying your rotation!!!

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kristen! I can just see you jumping and hopping down the hospital corridor. I hope you never lose your excitement and enthusiasm for your career!

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so enjoying keeping up with your blog, knitting or not!

The miracle of birth, always amazing that a person starts that way. If it weren't for the whole pregnancy thing and having to pay for them ;) I'd do it once a month or so, they were the best days of my life.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

You're making me so jealous - I miss being in the hospital (although I prefer medicine and surgery and even peds to OB). At least I can relieve it vicariously on your blog . . .

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You give me hope! I hope those attending my babies' birth are as enthusiasic and caring. :)

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let them make fun. They are using that as a way of mourning having lost some of the joy of life. It's all about them, not about you.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

You have been busy! Nice hats and intarsia work.
:)

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home