Thursday, April 28, 2005




aragah! Looks like an "undyed" spot is throughout the whole skien of brown sheep cotton fleece! I worked yesterday's odd strand through so the "white" section was more to the wrong side, only to come across more spots today. One of them is too big to hide (it travels through 2-3 stitches) and there are actually three stitches in that row that have white spots. People in class thought I was overreacting, but once I explained that I'd paid full price for the yarn and the other colors were fine they pretended to understand. (thank you to PumpkinMama for the hint on how to post two (or more!) pictures at the same time!) I'm off to see if I can find an email for BrownSheep; if nothing else I'll let them know that this color in this lot has a few undyed sections. (I really don't want to take the sweater out, and so that's not really an option; I'd take it to the shop I got the yarn at to let them know, but I collected these skeins over a few months at several shops and don't remember where this color came from.)  Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger J. said...

sad, sad, very sad. so no bright ideas to help you out of this
I am off to try that hello trick, as soon as i find that key on my keyboard. I bought it in Korea and don't see it anywhere.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big bummer about the white bits, its sooo annoying to pay $$ for yarn and be disappointed. I have some Manos Cotton Stria and I love the color but when I went to wind it up, there were several skeins with multiple, annoyingly placed knots. BOOO. Still, I really, really like the color combos on your sweater!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home