Saturday, April 23, 2005

if I were a sweater pattern,

where would I be?

Debra left me a great comment, and I've been trying to get my hands on the Green Mountain Spinnery pattern so I can tell her exactly what it's called; but I can't find it. In fact, I can only put my hands on a few of my patterns right now, and I have no idea where the others are. (I've moved, things are still in boxes, I have to move again this summer - at some point everything will surface....) So far as I can remember it was someone's (a female name, I think? Rosemary?) favorite sweater. Tunic style, rolled edges, and there were small, short cables on either side of the shoulder seams. I need to find that pattern because it's the second one I bought (for the sweater I took apart); the first one went MIA during my high school years after I stowed the project. Thank goodness I remembered (years later) that the pattern had a drawing of a sheep on it, or else the kind women at the yarn shop would never have been able to help me find it again....

I'm also looking for one of my sweater patterns to see if I can make it into a cardigan. I really want to get started on the cotton fleece sweater (the swatch was "washed" and has dried and now I'm even more excited to get started) and now that the jumper is almost finished (it's blocking on the floor next to me - more on that saga (with pictures) once it's dry) I feel like I can move on. I was leaning towards the in the round top down generic ragalan sweater, but the pattern I have doesn't have great directions for the sleeves. Perhaps I should consult my new book and see what it has to offer.

I'm a self-professed starter, but am making more of an effort to be a starter AND a finisher. Working on things for other people has proven to be a good motivator to finish things, but it's true that I enjoy the process and could (sometimes) care less about getting a final product out of the deal. Knitting has truely become a part of my life - I'm not sure when it happened, but I think I'll be doing it as long as I can, which is, ideally, the rest of my life.

(edited to add: it appears I ended with a very unlike me thing at the end there; sorry about that. My knitting came up at a workshop today and I'm still working on putting into words what it has taught me how to do. The basic idea is about dividing my attention, but I think it goes beyond that now. I can't claim it'll make sense, but I can hope.....)

1 Comments:

Blogger J. said...

ahhh moving. I have boxes all over the world and I am so looking forward to having them all in one place so I can open them and see the treasures I have forgotten about. Especially my stash... it's in Ontario and will be back in my hands soon. Hope the studying goes well, and the writing isn't to hard.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home