Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Knot Impressed


Within the first row of the lighter purple ("prairie lupine" - which I pronoucne as "lou-pin") I found a knot. I wasn't happy, but left room to untie it and weave in ends (if that's what the protocol is - I'm not sure?). I continued to knit, and this morning found myself looking down and my knitting in class; there was an undyed section in the same color of yarn! I worked it in the best I could, but you can still see where the white shows through. I'm a believer in things happening in threes - any guesses for what else might happen with this color? (this won't keep me from buying brown sheep yarn in the future, but it has knocked them down off the pedestal I used to put them on.) It should be noted that both abnormalities have lined up to be in the same section of the sweater..... Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunbled across your blog and was pleased to see another knitting med student. I knit through all my classes in the first 2 years, and now that I'm a third year lots of the clinical profs who lectured to us 2nd year see me in the hospital and ask me how my knitting is going. I'm impressed with your stripes - I usually stuck to socks or something simple.

Good luck with both - and med school gets an awful lot better after Step 1 is out of the way.

4:45 PM  
Blogger J. said...

hey
yes I really will send chibi's out. I can get the pink ones here that one no seems to be able to get there.

I think the dog will survive, no she hasn't ever been any where on a plane, i found her here.

Good luck with the boards.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Your last parcel is off to you today - so, ooops, you won't get it within April calendar month! Or before the 'reveal'... but I hope you will like the pressies when they do arrive (and, erm, they are in a box again... so don't hate me when that post office slip comes in).

Love,

SP

4:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The knots are to be expected. I cut them out and treat them as if I had to add a new skein in the middle of a row. In this yarn, I tied a very gently square knot and left ends long enough to weave in.

The dye job is not good news. I am using the BS CF for the first time so I hope I don't run into that issue.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home