Sunday, April 24, 2005

Finished! (the pic is poor because the sun wasn't out today and the bathroom was the best I could do). The original pattern (from Adorable Knits for Tots) was done with cotton glace; I knit this up in saucy sport and patons grace. The buttons were supposed to be on the outside placket, but I put the button holes there instead (and the buttons are on the straps, thus, in theory, making it adjustable.) I took out my cast on edges in order to expand the bottom seed stitch edge for fear it wouldn't be long enough. I then blocked the living daylights out of it so it'd (again, in theory) big enough. I'm learning my lesson - when knitting for kids, always make it MUCH bigger then you think you'll need it to be.... Posted by Hello


Anonymous mia said...

I LOVE it! So cute! THanks for the words of soothing on my blog, I spent some time with First Aid and Q-bank this weekend, but still feel a little nervous...oh well, I'll do the best that I can.

6:08 AM  
Blogger J. said...

Hey, it's so cute. I think my niece needs one too. eventually. little to much on the go at the moment. Happy knitting/studying

7:08 AM  
Blogger margene said...

It's just darling! I love the lively colors. They overcome the bad lighting. We have rain (again), too.

11:38 AM  
Blogger kath red said...

i do so love knitted dresses, cute stripey colours.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home