Friday, February 25, 2005

home again, home again..

jiggity jig!

After a whirlwind few days, things are finally settling down again. The round of tests is over, and from what I've heard thus far, the grades are decent. (I'm not sure about pharm, but it's cumulative and there's (hopefully!) room to improve that if need be.) My apartment looks like a disaster area, which, against my own wishes, seems to be par for the course when there are tests to study for.

I headed north on Wednesday and my mom dropped me off at the car place (45 minutes out, but on her way to the school she works at), and I picked Kennedy the car up! There was "something else" wrong with her, but the guy in charge didn't charge us for the fix, and thus I'm still not exactly sure what it was. His exact words were along the line of "you've paid enough already and need to have a car that works." Hence the reason why we'll continue to take our cars out to see him and why I'll buy my next car from him as well. (The man in charge is 60+ years old and I didn't argue with him to see what else was fixed; I think I'm going to knit him a scarf, so now the search is on to find the right yarn...) Kennedy is driving better now then she ever has, and I'm grateful to be driving "my" car again. I'm also glad that I no longer have to worry about the car alarm outside my windowing being my car; one of the first things I did when I got her was ask them to disable the alarm because saabs are a wee bit oversensitive. If you even so much as looked at Scarlett the wrong way she'd go off, complete with lights and the obnoxious weep weeep weeeep noises. I started parking way down the street so I wouldn't feel as guilty when I thought I heard her and now I can return to breathing easy knowing that it's not my car!

Knitting news: I have another Dulaan hat finished, and one that's almost up to the top decreases. I was aiming to get 20 done in February, and am over halfway there. The tough part is going to be figuring out waht size they are for, but I think I can figure out who they'll fit. I have a few other projects in the works, and will be attending the Afghans for Afghans sew up at Julia's next weekend and in the email it says to "wear something you knitted" - which is all I needed to get me thinking about a sweater I started and haven't progressed on. I could wear my noro sweater, but I wore it last weekend and don't love it, and have put it back in the closet to think about what I'm going to do with it. The sleeves just aren't right, and it's not as long as I wish it were; I'll revisit it in another few weeks and see what I can do with it.

I visited the thrift store and found a few gems to take apart for the yarn; I'll have pictures of the before and after of one of them (handmade by Barbara) up later this weekend. She took the time to sew/embroider flowers onto the lopi yarn, and it's taking me a loooong time to take it apart. It'll be worth it, and it's been a fun challenge to get all of it out in one piece.

I submitted an entry into Woolybuns colorway contest - skip over there and vote for which three color combination you like best! It was a good exercise for me to think over, and I have a few new ideas for color combos I never would have considered! (I'm not telling which one is mine...vote for which one you like the best)

While I'm linking things, I'm going to throw out a short list of other blogs I read; some of them I've been following for a long, long time, and feel as though I know the people writing them, even though they have NO idea who I am!

The dad's at FullerBranter shared their adoption story with the world via their blog, and reading about a successful adotpion was what I needed when a couple near and dear to my heart were going through a very rough adoption. Everything worked out with both, and seeing the pictures of their daughter never fails to put a smile on my face. (and I feel encouraged reading about people on the opposite side of the country who feel the same way I do politically!)

The writer of AbortionClinicDays posts stories that help me to stand behind why I believe abortion needs to remain legal. I thought long and hard before posting this link, and ask that you please refrain from sending hate mail to me if you disagree with me.

another inspiring knitting blog is The Blue Blog. It was here that I learned about recycling yarn, and how to "fix" things. I'm a closet reader of many, many knitting blogs, and she's a great resource!

Pictures will be posted tomorrow - now it's back to the wonders of the gastrointestinal system....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home