Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Knitting Content

I'm going to try and split up the knitting from the non-knitting, so people who are here to only read about one or the other have an easier time. THANK YOU! to the people who have posted comments - unfortunetly I don't have a way of personally thanking you (email or blog) unless you leave that info. Sharon - the story about your son made me smile, and it sounds like he's going to give you a run for you money as he gets older. Alice - those were the exact comments I heard from people today! if only they knew how easy it is to do....

I turned the heel of the second sock in the pair, and hoped to have a full set to post tonight, but it looks like I'm going to need tomorrow to finish it. We had a lecture on pediatric cardiology, and I took more notes then I had expected to.

I had a doctors appointment today and while I was there she looked at my wrist; it's still sore, but I can't comply with giving up knitting, and she knows that. Knitting with a brace on is going to take some time to get used to (again). Hopefully I'll be back up to speed soon as I have a lot of things I want to finish/need to finish before I start new projects!

Tomorrow I'm participating in "Not a Damn Dime Day." I don't think it will change the economic structure of the US tomorrow, but I feel like I need to do my part, no matter how small it is. My own awareness of spending money had been heightened this week because of tomorrow, and that alone makes it worth it. I'm also going to wear blue, and will avoid the news and focus on classwork and my knitting.

here's the pair of socks that I hope to finish tomorrow in lecture. I'm going to pack the yellow/black striped scarf to work on too, and will post a picture of the finished things (hopefully) tomorrow.

Stay warm, and dry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home