Sunday, January 30, 2005

Happiness is....

- No classes tomorrow
- This link (warning: it has sound. I swore I'd never be one of those people who post links to strange things, but more then once this weekend it has put a smile on my face and been a nice break from myocardial infarctions, hypertension and the statins)
- a completed pair of mittens (see pictures below!)
- Rosemary and Olive Oil potato chips (not eaten while knitting)

It's been a good day, though I haven't been as productive as I'd hoped to be. I spent a long time covering congenital heart defects when I probably should have moved on to other topics. The exam is Wednesday and then it's two weeks of Renal (the kidneys, urinary tract, etc). Cardiology is interesting, but I can't imagine spending all of the time in my practice seeing people who are recovering from heart attacks or worried about their arteries clogging. (I know that primary care/FP means seeing patients who fit both of those categories, but cardiologists (last time I checked) don't deliver babies - something I'm still enamored with and want to be able to do.)

Tomorrow I'm headed north for an appointment and lunch with my mom, then it's back here to continue studying. This is the first time we'll have three hours for the exam, (compared to the two hours we've been allotted in past systems) and my copies of past exams are intimidating. I need to make the most of my time so I feel confident when I pick a, b, c or d.

I went through my stash and think I'm going to start on my cascade sweater after my mom's is done. I was waiting for a pattern to come in, but may be able to figure out what I need to do to start (the pattern is a simple sweater with cables around the "edges.") I think I have enough yarn for a shorter version of the Clapotis and I'm close to being done with the toddler gift. Project Linus is still in the front of my project list too.

miha hee....mia whoo....mia ha.....mia haha.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home