Monday, January 01, 2007

"old long since"

The verison of Auld Lang Syne that Brenda featured in her holiday podcast of "Cast-On" last year (episode 5, A Cup of Kindness) is the most played song on my computer (per the Itunes play count). The simple tune resonates with me, and the inclusion of the little-known chorus has become a bit of a mantra over the past few months.

"Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and days of auld lang syne?

For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne..."


I picked up my knitting again this month, and have made progress on almost everything that I'm working on; the progress will continue because I'm emptying my car of things, and all yarn not currently involved in a project is going to be safely put away for a few months. I have 6+ socks on the needles and if I finish them (instead of starting another new pair) I'll be able to wear them this winter.

Right now I'm in the middle of a dozen things that all needed to be taken care of two weeks ago, and at some point during daylight hours today I need to hit the road and head southwest, towards my next rotation site. I rang in the new year at the same place I was last year - though instead of winding yarn with the help of some cats, I sat quietly with some sleeping puppies.

I hope that your New Year's Day is relaxing and restful!







5 Comments:

Blogger Lorette said...

Happy New Year! Those dogs all look like they had too much champagne!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! There is something to be said for the peace of sleeping dogs. It means there is good karma going on there.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I rang in my New Year asleep (post call) - and then my beau woke me up for a happy new year kiss at midnight. More in response to your email soon, but I'm all for dating other medical types - he totally got why I needed to sleep instead of going out last night!

Happy New Year!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Awww, those are some happy dogs =) Happy New Year! May it be as peaceful as your puppies portend...

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're 27 you old fart! Update that subtitle!!
Love you ;-P
kd

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home