Thursday, November 30, 2006

please cross your needles today at 2pm...

g'morning from Conshohocken, PA - the site of my clinical skills boards. (I think I can finally say it correctly...though that shouldn't be a part of my exam...)

I flew in yesterday and have been fighting with my computer and this hotel wireless system (instead of going to the webpages I request, or sending out the emails I've written it refreshes to the hotel's wireless policy and requires me to click "okay") and my phone died (again) in the middle of saying goodbye to a local knitter/blogger.

I wasn't nervous until about an hour ago - now that I've ironed my white coat and am reviewing all of my physical exam skills my stomach is doing flip flops and I have to remind myself that I don't actually need to pee. (again.)

I tried to knit a bit last night, but ripped out what I did accomplish because (un-surprisingly) my tension was wonky and it didn't look right. This morning's attempts were just as bad, and my brain seems to have forgotten that knitting used to be a calming thing.

I can't wait until this is over.

And I really, really, really, really don't want to have to do this again.

(test is from 2-9:30pm and it's a clinical skills exam that requires me to see standardized patients (trained actors) for 14 minutes then write a note (in 10 minutes).)

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I've been lurking here for a while and I just wanted to say good luck. I'm studying medicine in Scotland and have my finals coming up in June so my thoughts are with you at the moment.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Abi said...

Best of luck with the whole thing. My needles are crossed! :-)

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, you're in there right now. Good luck!

2:12 PM  
Blogger CrazyFiberLady said...

The very best of luck. I have my needles crossed for you!

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sending confident, assured, strong, smart, memory-inducing vibes your way. The force is strong with you, m'dear. In other words: KICK ASS!

Needles crossed anyway.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Lorette said...

Kick ass, is right. You'll do great.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I've been happily reading your blog for quite a while, and I do wish you the best of luck. I'm not just crossing my needles, but I'm sending you many calming wishes for good tension after this...

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toes have been crossed. (My needles are coiled and packed right now.) I hope it's going well!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sending thoughts of endurance, brilliance and kick-assedness your way!!!

4:11 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

kick some clinical butt girl! i'm thinking about you right now!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boards are all a head game. Get some great confidence going, not cocky attitude, some dreams of cashmere and qiviut, and you're good to go! Good luck!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh . . . I'm right down the street in Phila and it's not quite 9pm . . . I'm crossing my needles right now!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Good Luck! Of coures, by now (I'm in CA) you're probably done, so I hope you did great!!!!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Kristen. I just discovered your blog and was so thrilled...I searched until I found a picture of the sweater you knit for Iris. I'm at Maine General now 3rd year.
Again, best of luck with today's exam!!!
Take care, Andrea

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're totally going to kick ass, Kristen.

But, honey? Please remember to breathe.

xo

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tried to comment yesterday but something was funky with my Internet.
I hope everything went well!!! I'm sure you kicked ass!

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it went well and you are smiling :-)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Hope it went well. I was sooo happy to be done with that one!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope it went well. So weird to see a reference to Conshohocken. We used to drive through it on the way to my grandparents house.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home