Friday, March 11, 2005

storm chasers vs. storm avoiders

this is being written and posted from "up north" at my parents house; the city sent out three (3!) emails today letting me know that there is a parking ban in effect tonight with a high probability that it will extend through the weekend. The notion that another 3-5 inches of snow will fall tonight, and another 8-12 inches will join it on the ground tomorrow was enough to email my parents with the news that I was coming home. I am sick of parking bans. I am sick of shoveling/digging my car out. I am sick of sub-freezing temperatures with wind chill warnings. I am sick of snow. If I close my eyes and don't look out the window, will I be able to avoid this storm? (I don't know who's idea it was for the northeast to try and break the record for "snowiest winter" but if I did know I'd give them a piece of my mind....)

Now my car is parked in the garage and my dad's snowblower is ready to go; it's like a dream come true. I don't have to study anything tonight and instead am going to listen to an audiobook and knit. I got into town in time to run by my favorite yarn store, and they greeted me by name and the owner gave me a discount on the discount yarn.

Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home