Monday, January 10, 2005

my first sock is done!

I dug out my sock today, and was closer to being done then I had intially thought! I wasn't happy with the way it was turning out, but decided to finish it up and use it as a "first time experience" to learn from. I am still looking for a different pattern, but I'll make the second one of this pair from the same pattern so they'll "match." I've heard stories of socks being mate-less, but I'm anxious to cast-on this one and get started on it!

The yarn for my brothers scarf came today, and I cast on using a circular needle so I could knit in the round and have a flat scarf at the end. I had a few inches done, but wasn't happy with how it turning out. I'm not very good at controlling the tension consistantly when I knit with the yarn in my left hand and so I ripped it out and will start it again tomorrow. I'm ta'ing for the first years tomorrow, and will be able to knit during their class (before lab). Ta'ing means preceptor dress, and I have my new flannel skirt and a sorta-kinda matches grey shirt laid out for it. We're also seeing patients on Wednesday for the cardio listening lab so it'll be two days in a row of "professional" dress. (at some point I'll need to look nice every day, and I laugh when I think about how I plan outfits ahead so I won't run out of clothes or wear the same thing now; at some point I'm going to need to give it up.)

My white coat isn't as wrinkle-free as it should be, but I'll fold it over my chair in the morning and do what I can to smooth it out. I don't like wearing it, because I don't think the short white coat makes me a doctor; and when I have it on the line "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV" runs through my mind.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home